Monday, April 27, 2009

I'm Lame........

As odd and boring as this sounds I prefer most of the times to stay in and sew rather then going out.  I mentioned this to a student of mine last week and she said that is surprisingly sad.  Is it bad to actually love my craft/medium that much?  I noticed that almost all of my facebook status when I am on a roll sewing are probably quite boring to everyone else.  I mean seriously who else would care about a 15 panel bias shift 1920's style dress that I made just for fun on a whim because I had nothing to wear to my friend's Theme Birthday party.    I think even my friends who are also into fashion/sewing/knitting don't get as excited as me about projects.  The weather was so gorgeous today and I spent it all happily coped up in the basement sewing and cutting fabric.

As for being not so lame, I got a vendor spot at AGORA on May 16th at Junctionview Studios!  I can't wait and of course I don't have hardly anything to sell that is summer/spring appropriate.  I also still need to finish my order for Undone.  I have about 4 more sets to make.

My birthday is also coming up fast.  I will be 28.  Not so old relatively speaking.  I mean my Grandma was 90 when she passed a couple weeks ago and my Grandfather was 99 when he passed over the winter holidays.  Sure I will never be the Korean pop sensation I always dreamed of, nor will I ever pursue my Pro Golf career,  I also may never get back to Ballet or Taekwando but I feel accomplished still and satisfied for where and what I am doing in my life at the moment.   The only thing that could be better is getting married and having a Fashion show of my own at this point.   Perhaps someday I will venture out and apply for one of those ridiculous Fashion Reality TV shows.  I wouldn't be like anything anyone has seen before.  I honestly don't know anyone else even close to being such a fashionable geek as me.   In fact I know very very few fashion people that I have even met who are into Anime and Comic Books and RPG's at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment