Wednesday, January 09, 2019

The Blank Agency and a little 2019 fashion update.

I had the pleasure of having work with The Blank Agency that was made public and it is an amazing piece of work.
Using my fashion designs to shoot this cinematic presentation. Which you can view here!


The pieces used were from a white and gold collection I did to embody different royal characters from Alice in Wonderland.

The White Queen is long silk and velvet dress
The Red Queen is the gold silk skirt and embroidered top
Queen Alice is the gold bow dress
Simply Alice is the white bell pants with the Silk coverup

This was part of my Senior Collection for The School of the Art Institute of Chicago back in 2003. It is crazy to see old work of my still being relevant and exciting for other people. It's an inspiration that I would like to visit again some day in the future to see how my style has changed since then.

From here on is an update on since I had stopped my blog but wanted to finish off some of my drafts that I had started. 

It has been a few years and I feel like my design aesthetic for fashion has moved even further into two directions. Full functionality in the form of the handmade slow fashion movement to wear clothes you made yourself and high art form where it may not even be a wearable piece as much as sculpture or a representation of organic form.  We will see what 2019 can unfold for my progress as a designer and artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment