Monday, October 04, 2010

Post Independents Day notes

Now that it is over I see that it really wasn't that bad.  I had a great time and really enjoyed myself.  Being responsible for those people was a lot of work but I would do again.

Everyone seemed to do well at their booths and enjoy themselves also which I think is important.  We had a few snags but nothing huge and the Craft Cotillion actually got some money raised for ourselves out of this. 

Things to remember for next year. 
1. Make a VERY clean and concise cut off date. 
2. Flat out if your name is not on the list you don't get a spot.  (had a problem with a group claiming they belonged in our space when they actually had not business being there but they threw out a name that sounded vaguely familiar.  STAY WITH THE LIST!)
3. Have pre-printed name tags, sheets printed out so they can just be taped into the space.
4.  Triple check and walk the alley the night before
5. BE PREPARED to move people for Fire and Safety Reasons at the last second.
6. Don't take shit from anyone

Now my task at hand is not as a fellow organizer but simply and vendor for the Upcoming Craftin' Outlaws!
This is my second year doing this show and I have a great feeling about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment