Friday, September 21, 2012

Survival

This year I barely survived the festival that is Independents day fully intact. For whatever reason this year it was much harder then the past years for me. I left feeling upset even for a few days. Not because anything failed but because I knew it was such a great event and I didn't get to enjoy it like I normally would at all. I wished there were two of me, one to run my parts and the other to enjoy and wander and take in all the great new things that happened this year. It was on all counts quite successful and I'm happy for that.

One of the good things that came out of Independents day for me was working on my tags and branding for future craft shows and just in general for my Fashion design. I'm always in love with using Moo mini cards as tags and they come out looking so great!

 In other news I have moved many more things into the Studio and it is starting to look like my space. Both knitting machines up makes me very happy as I can freely work on projects without worrying about kitties and tear down. I also brought in one of my sewing machines and  most of my painting supplies. I'd really love to get back into a little oil painting and mess around with gouche. I think gouche could be a great flat medium format for me in more controlled ways then water color has been.

 I'm still organizing but I'm happy with what I've got so far. I brought in my little vintage knitting needle collection to hang for decoration and a jewelry chicken wire frame  for when we have open studio to put some of my jewelry pieces on.

The addition that I am most excited about is the pegboard wall panels that my friend Adam put up for me and I painted what is call a Caribbean blue. It's most like a grey toned baby blue.

I've also been making time to work on a  new wound embroidery that I am very excited about. It was from when my friend Jen took a hard spill on her bike on the way to work. I think as I make them I am going to just give them the title of what the wound's cause was from. This will be Bike to Work and the previous one is Self Defense. Having a narrative title will be fun for the viewer or at least I hope it will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment