Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Things Collected

Do you remember that first time you purchased an original designer item?  That newness and feeling of exclusiveness?  Such fond memories.  Saving up every dollar just to have it even if you bought it on Discount from TJ Maxx or Filene's basement it was still of designer quality and name.

I'm getting those same happy feelings everytime I look at my successful purchase of my first Vivienne Westwood Rocking Horse, Anglomania/Melissa shoes.  For months I had been hunting down the coveted shoes which I first glanced at Style Bubble.  But I wanted them even more when she got her own pair here.
At the time of course I could buy it right from the site but I put it off not thinking it would be so popular because they are this silly jelly heavy things.  I forgot how obsessed asians (especially Japanese) could be over Vivienne Westwood anything and at $190 it really wasn't bad.  Finally they came out with this beautiful red pair.
They had to be mine but I couldn't afford it at the time.  Carefully I saved my pennies and then they were sold out.  Don't you just hate that?!  I spent the next 3 months scouring the interwebs to find them at any price.  But I had no luck.  Every single day I went to Hervia.com to put my e.mail down for notification when they would be back in stock.  The unsaid answer was never.   Just as I was about to throw in the towel and cry in my kitties belly, Endless.com had them and in my SIZE!  If you don't quite know me I am petite with a size 5 foot so finding any designer shoe in my size is near a miracle on it's own.

"Forget the carpayment, it will just have to be late this month" is what I told myself and quickly added it to my electronic shopping cart and without even looking I went to "Check out".  I was done even better was the free overnight shipping.  It was a Wednesday, the day before Thanksgiving but my shipping confirmation said I would have it by Friday.  By Golly I did!

As soon as I came home from work I immediately slipped them on with no regard to my ultra conservative khaki's and dress shirt.  I might of even taken a nap in them, I'm not totally sure because I was in a euphoria of happiness.
It really is a shame that it is snowing outside so these beauties have only been worn around the house.  It makes me feel like a 50's housewive doing the vacumming in her pumps.
Photo from here

No comments:

Post a Comment