Thursday, July 10, 2008


Finally I took the time to update my Etsy! Not a lot of new stuff mostly paintings of mine. 2 Water color's and one acrylic. Then this copper cuff i have pictured here which took me longer then I thought it would. I'd never done knitting with copper so wide before. it was fun though but cramped my fingers like crazy. I think I will make another one but load it down with tons of pearls on the top or try to do an entire single row of just pearls vertically would be nice.

Always things to do differently the second time around. One of the watercolors I don't really want to part with but I figured if I like it enough to keep it surely someone else would like it enough to buy it, right?

I am working on another water color at the moment and I'm not sure how it is turning out............ it's better then it's previous forms but still not what I had envisioned. I think I need to move up to larger paper sizes to get the full effect that I want since I can't seem to train myself to paint smaller. I would also really like to do a simple tiny fruit series in water color so that I might be able to fit like 4 mini water colors into a 8x10" frame! I think that would be super nice looking. I also want to take real city skylines and integrate them into my skyline series. I was thinking I won't do the whole recognizable parts. I will do each city in a series of sections so lined up they would be meaningful and do colors to fit the moods and different times. I don't want something simple like dawn to dusk that is SOOO predictable. I like to be different!

I need to focus really hard on getting my clothing photographed for Etsy. I finally figure how to hang a sheet in the basement but it's huge and needs to be ironed. I've completed 3 collars from hairpin lace and am mastering the buttonhole function on the sewing machine still. I am going to attempt it this weekend using some interface between to give it more strength. I have a dark grey, black, yellow and I am going to make a red collar. I think these would be wonderful winter consignment items.

I also made this great variation on the ruffles that makes it more wearable and a little dandy! I will post pictures next week and work on the pattern more. So many patterns to make and so little time!

On a positive note I did have 3 new people Heart me this past week so that is AWESOME! It means there are people out there looking and they like what they see, now if only they would BUY SOMETHING! ~lol~
Oh and PS my hair is now Purple!

No comments:

Post a Comment