Tuesday, May 25, 2010

DIY- The Slice

It might be crazy but I am thinking of more and more DIY items to do for myself and my bestfriend's wedding.  When I went to visit her last week I brought along on my of my new favorite craft toys "the slice" by making memories.  It is this handy little die cut machine.  Some people want to nay say it for the fact that you can only do one pattern at a time and not entire phrases unless it is a pre-made phrase.  personally I enjoy that because then I can choose what and where.  Honestly if you practice with it enough then you have no worries and it is very easy to use.  Just like any new insturment or tool you need to practice with it.

Some innovative things we did were cutting from vinyl sheets and shinky dinks!  Making tags with the Shrinky Dinks worked out really well.  If we had more colors I'm sure we could of made some really fabulous stuff.  I actually picked up the ones we used at the local Joann Fabrics in the kids craft section.  you can get sheets of it to cut into whatever shapes you want in several different colors.

I've been using the slice of late to make my Mother's day Cards and they turned out wonderfully, wish I had remembered to take a picture of them.  I also ordered with some of my recent Birthday money a new design card set called Vintage Findings.

Other lovely things that I like about it is that it is not just a die-cut machine.  You can change the tips to make it emboss paper, there are marker tips to draw out the patterns instead of cutting them out and then you can cut fabric out of it also.  Putting on a two way fusible facing onto the fabric first you can make ready cut out patches.  Which is the real reason why I bought it in the first place.



**Double Posted- to Muse on Wedding and Torn Angel**

No comments:

Post a Comment