Monday, September 13, 2010

As the World Turns

Whilst the rest of the world is obsessed with the going ons for NYC Fashion week I am patiently awaiting the publications to follow.  I find hardly any time to keep a firm grasp on what is in style and what is not.  Sadly I am most involved with the consumer ridden publication that is "Lucky"  I feel it is the ultimate trickle down with a pinch of straight off the runway fashions.

Aside from my patience in Fashion coverage I am working dilligently on new items for the coming fall craft shows and how I should set my display.  I am this odd wonder at the shows.  I am walking the line between crafty and fashion.  Trying to bridge the gap with accessories that are both unique and me yet useful.

My new thing that I LOVE to make is these pincushion rings inspired by coral and anemones.

I'm also doing these knitted cord necklaces which I had been wanting to do for myself for years but now I figured I would just do them for the craft shows as well.  I know there are some other people out there doing something similar from t-shirts and such but these are knitted and with embellishments such as my Kanzashi flowers, freshwater pearls and Swavorski crystals.

My Next upcoming event is this Saturday where I will be selling at Independents Day in Downtown Columbus.
It has been really interesting experiance for me as the Group I am with "The Crafty Cotillion" trusted me enough to spearhead the Organization of Craft Alley.  I feel awesome that they trust me to do it but also flustered because it is a lot of work.  I tried to delegate some things but then I ended up being able to figure it out or do a lot of it myself.  Definately and experiance and I think if I didn't have so many other things going on I would be happy to do it again. 

2 comments:

  1. Augh! Love the necklaces. The rings are cute too...actually, they reminded me a lot of drawer pulls. I bet you could make some cool ones...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the necklaces! The rings are cute, too, though at first glance, I thought they were drawer pulls! Actually, I think that could be so cute for a kid's room...knitted drawer pulls!

    ReplyDelete