Wednesday, November 11, 2009

It's all in the advertising

The hardest thing about being independent in every way shape and form is advertising myself in my opinion.  I'm not the kind of person who likes to toot their own horn and shout from the mountains about my design abilities.   I struggle to even do a resume because I feel weird listing all my good accomplishments and rewards even though that is what you are supposed to do.

I've found the best way for me to get over this is by donating items to other blogs, and charities and let them speak for me.   It is also a clever way to get rid of inventory that just for whatever reason isn't moving.

Such as this Shawl.  Nothing wrong with it very simply design made from cotton/linen blend on my knitting machine.  It had hearts on etsy but alas I have been sitting on it for over a year now.


At least someone loved it enough to give it a home and plug about me on their Blog!

Aside from that I've also Donated to the "Available Light Theatre" and "Fuse Factory".  It's all a work in progress so I gotta keep doing it.  Eventually it will all pay off.

No comments:

Post a Comment