Monday, January 09, 2012

Weekend Crafting

Over the Weekend I was a big slug.  I ate too much, played video games and crafted much.  I started off going to Sew to Speak on Saturday with my friend Claire.  What started off as innocently taking her to the fabulous fabric store for the first time ended up in me spending $35 I didn't need to on fabric to make an Amy Butler Gumdrop Ottoman. It was a quick and easy project took me just a few hours on Saturday night and about 8 bags of fiber fil stuffing.

It turned out much bigger then I anticipated (I hate to do the dimensions on pillows before I start them).  You can see it is about half the size of our new couches.  Granted the couches we got are smaller then conventional couches but still it is unwieldy.  It is working out better as a spare chair and cat throne.

 In other Craft news I continued to work on a second Sock to this one I had finished before Christmas and simply lost my interest in.  Since my scaled crochet project is finished I felt the need to pick up and finish the sock.  Wisely I am using the already complete sock as my yarn guard/holder whilst I make it's mate.




I also got into my Japanese Tatting books!  Very excited for this because their charts are so easy to read and I completed several small flowers and a lace heart for valentine Cards. I'll post pictures tomorrow and perhaps a book review.
 
To end my wonderful weekend of relax and craft I started another Entrelac cowl out of this luscious silk/wool/cotton/nylon blend of Noro in sweet pastel colors.  The colors just make my heart flutter and the silk makes my fingers sing in the softness being worked in my hands.

Amazing what amount of things I get into when I'm not stressed out with a grad school application.

No comments:

Post a Comment