Monday, July 30, 2012

Saying Yes!

I've noted that I have gotten older. I am not as young as a lot of people mistake me to be. I am in fact 31 not 24 or 25. I just like to enjoy life and play young like I am still 24 or 25. Lately I've noticed that I haven't been playing as much as I used to and I miss that. Going out and doing something a little impulsive, not fretting about the fact that I have work the next day or how my body aches.

Part of the reasons I have gotten (as I see it) more dull is due to marriage (comfort and security), house and bills such as car payments, gym memberships etc. The thoughts of having children are now weighing heavily and I most certainly do not want kids to dictate who I am in life. I think that before that last straw is placed on my freedom I must live more. By that I mean saying yes to as many life experiences as I can squeeze in. I want to make many more memories before I am tied down a bit more permanently with a child in tow. It almost feels like that 30 before 30 syndrome all over again where I feel the need to do as much as I can before I am responsible for another living being.

My upcoming trip to NYC is what made me have these silly deep thoughts. I was invited to this party which could be an amazing life experience even though it isn't quite my scene, but I've always wanted to go to one of these types of overdressed Gothic Lolita Alternative NYC parties. I was battling with the idea this morning and now I feel committed to going. Along with that I need to figure out what to wear. I have a hair appointment Thursday and I plan to get the below style. I've missed having some blunt bangs to make my make up more streamlined so I'll be going back to that. Also this clean bob will give me no angst in the morning in terms of styling it.


I was hoping to pack a light suitcase but I think I'll have to take my favorite Vivienne Westwood shoes for the party. I also need to play some dressup for some outfit ideas. With longer blunt bangs I won't get as much play in eye shadow so I'll need to think of my eyeliner and false lashes and how to really push that.

Now to make my list of things to conquer when I head to New York!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment