Friday, September 12, 2008

Highball Halloween Masquerade

So it's been a little bit.......
BUT the Main event isn't till Halloween!

I was invited to be one of the designers for this local Event that is going to be HUGE!
We are going to be given $250.00 to go toward making one extravagant costume. I have a good Idea what I am going to do but I don't want to ruin the surprise.
They will be closing down approx 3 blocks of High Street in the Short North District for the entire evening. One end is a stage for bands and the other end will be the Runway stage. There will be Pet costume contests, people costume contests, drag queen/king contests, and the designers contest with fashion show.

In other news Etsy is going and going. I'm happy to say I think I finally have a new Client. It feels good to say I have a client and to talk about my Client because she is a wonderful and talented person herself. Also a big deal in the TV world. Also on etsy I had another scarf sale ~yay~ I think posting for one of the showcases did help my traffic flow some. I noticed more hits and some new people favoriting items as well as "heart"ing me in general which is always a good feeling.

I've added the scarf to the left and decided to try something different. Instead of me scraping around to get the money for the materials and crossing my fingers hoping someone will buy it I put it up as Custom order only in a limited # for the season. Stating that this will be made to order and so that I can collect the money upfront to buy the supplies. It showed one person making it a favorite but a good # of hits.

My client is going to London and wants something with a Union Jack influence. I'll need to get my butt in gear and sketch like made tonight and send her photos. I also need to hit up the Fabric store. ~sigh~ I was supposed to do all this yesterday but I was incredibly sick. Today I am still not on my "A" game.

The past week I was proud to have complete a mutton two piece sleeve pattern and Samurai pants pattern for Women. I also complete tore apart my blouse collar, resize the entire blouse and now I just need to redo the Collar to fit the new body size.

I've also joined "ravelry" so if you are on there look for me "tornangel012" of course........
You can see projects I am working on my yarn stash etc etc. Fun stuff great assortment of free patterns, ideas and charts!

*that harlequin picture isn't mine, I just googled and it came up from this place called "elfwood" btw*

No comments:

Post a Comment