Monday, August 09, 2010

Education does not stop after School is over

Since my Knitting into Pattern class was cancelled I decided to take the time and take a class that I have been wanting to do since I was in college. 

Just a little background I used to be a sculpture/fashion major but fashion took over so my sculpture days died early my sophmore year of College.  I never lost the love of it and I wish I had taken more classes.  Now 7 years later I am.  One of the perks of being an instructor is that I can take classes for free as long as they do not conflict with what I teach and if they are to enrich myself as a teacher.

I took a figure drawing class to try and improve my drawing and fashion illustrations skills but failed miserably at that. Mostly due to me not going to class because I was severely overworked and over tired at the time.  I did learn some very important concepts from the class on drawing and proportions of the human body. 

Currently I am taking this FANTASTIC jewelry making class.  I love it lot's and we are learning a lot in the few classes that we have.  Optimistically the teacher thinks we can all make 3 items. 1 copper neckpiece, 1 bracelet either chainlink or forged and one ring.  I'm going for broke to make them all plus an extra Ring!

No comments:

Post a Comment