Monday, June 18, 2012

Vintage Finds and a little DIY

 Every time I go to Wholly Craft I can't help but picking up some fabric from their vintage section. I also found these wonderful old circular needles by Susan Bates!

I am trying out a size and padded style zippies as something to eventually sell at Craft Shows but these are a few of my samples. Not the fabric I would choose but the size with a strap as well as the construction were the things I was testing.  There are still a few things I would like to tweek on this before I make them from Vinyl and put them up for sale. They are double padded and will fit the average sized camera lens. Things I will probably do to these are embroidery to add a little person touch. One I'm sending to a photographer penpal and the other when I am satisfied with the Embroidery I will put up as a Giveaway on the blog! 

Here is a close up of these fantastic vintage circular knitting needles. I can't decide if I want to just hang them up as decor or take them our for a test spin. The nylon makes them super smooth and there is no jointing in the thread and the needles so it should more very smoothly. I am keeping an eye out for more of them to add to my new collection.

Lastly these are the fabrics I picked up 100% polyester but so much fun. I know with the white one I plan on making a skirt, perhaps a wrap skirt. The green is a pit thicker with a pique style texture, so I was thinking shorts but we shall see what they actually turn out to be.

Did you pick up anything extraordinary over the weekend? I'd love to see it!
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment