Monday, January 18, 2010

Bad Blogger!

*EDIT* If you read the Blog before this then you will see I truly am a bad blogger repeating myself in my excitement. D'oh!   if not then read this and forget the one before hand.  Sorry my thoughts are everywhere *END EDIT*


I'm trying really hard not to fall into that but I have been working furiously since Thursday on my DIY class schedule that I am launching in the next week!

I am super excited and this is really going to be interesting!  I'm trying to teach DIY classes for sewing, knitting, crochet that no one else in the area is doing.  It's very delicate to not step on the toes of other local store owners who also teach classes.  I am gearing mine more towards adults and making all classes BYOB to help enforce the age range I am hitting.  So far a lot of my boutique owner friends have been super supportive and think it will fill a good niche for the Short North.  I  have so many fun ideas and then of course I want to have basic classes every month.  I'm sure some projects people will want to do over but I'll wait and see what the wait lists if any are like on those.

Some of the things I'll be teaching are:
Making your own leggings
How to use a serger
Stitch N' Bitch Mimosa Sundays
Mohawk Hunter Hat
Beginning Knitting
Writing your own Knitting pattern
Amigurami
Beginning sewing
Stained glass ( I know it's not sewing but it's still a Craft that I can share that I know pretty well)
Sewing Panties and Boxers 101
and lot's more..................

Sorry this was a bit wordy but I promise in this next week you will have a Project Runway review or two, OTD's, Truth and another tutorial on DIY!

No comments:

Post a Comment