Monday, November 07, 2011

Movember

This is the month of Mustaches (well facial hair in general) and raising money for Prostate Cancer.  It is going on nationwide.  The first of this months events that I went to was at Junctionview Studios (yes I go there a lot, it's a favorite).  The theme was of course mustaches in art.








My friend Daric was there representing his work (Toehead's) and having a little bit of horseplay with us.  It was a fun and intimate show. 

The next Bearded event I will be attending is this weekend for Beard Team Ohio. It is Ohio's Second Beard & Moustache Competition and Festival. I'll be there as a volunteer helping out where ever they need me. It's not so much that I have a love for the Facial hair as my friend Beth does.  I just like to pay with fake mustaches whenever there is an opportunity. 


Sorry there still isn't a lot on the fashion/craft front for this blog but it's hard when you are in the moment to remember to take some photos to document everything.  I did a fitting this weekend for a friend on a coat I am soon making for her using her own wool that she felted herself.  I also taught myself some smocking stitches and how to use a pleater machine while watching approx 8-10 hours of Buffy the Vampire Slayer yesterday, or as my husband and I like to call it "We spent the day Slaying".

No comments:

Post a Comment