Friday, February 10, 2012

Antique to Summer Classic

I got this lace table runner a while ago at an antique store and thought I could cut it and use it for mini runners on my two side tables in the living room to protect cat claws ans spills.  The I saw a little label on the inside with the date and captions that all the lace was handmade.  I couldn't bear to cut into it so I left it folded quietly in my stack of fabrics.

I took it out last weekend determined to get some precious time in on my sewing machine. I laid it over my mannequin in a few different variations which ultimately gave me some ideas for other designs I'd like on on using my own tatted lace.


I settled on this simple drape of a peasant blouse with a deep drape in the back.  The fun thing is from this rectangle I only needed to sew four parts to keep this shape.  A connecting seam in the front, one tuck stitch under each arm to make arm holes and the fourth was in the back to keep it together a little more so it wouldn't slide off my shoulders.

I can't wait for the weather to warm up so I can wear this out over a vibrant tank dress or with some skinny jeans and tall wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment