Thursday, June 09, 2011

TiLT

Happy Thursday!  This has been a week of little annoyances mostly due to this never ending cough.  The cold is gone but the cough persists and it is hot here in Columbus.  Sadly it seems like we missed another spring entirely and were dropped off right into summer.  Aside from the cough and the headaches it is giving me life is pretty good.  We are hitting the wedding things full steam once again and I am seriously working on my wedding dress after the hiatus.  My classes for Draping & Pattern Drafting started again this week at CCAD for the summer so that will keep me busy two nights of my week until August.



1. Winged Sandals. I saw these sandals for sale in Chicago at Belmont Army Surplus and now I am obsessed.  Unfortunately they will never come in my size (5) and they are sold out everywhere online.  They are from Irregular Choice and I think they are actual sandals from last summer.  Still super cute and I hope someone out there see's this and remakes these beauties

 2. Swatch.  I am a big fan of Swatch watches.  I try to get a new one every year.  They are relatively cheap, classic analog style watches with fun and sometimes funky designs.  This new one I picked up is a baby blue with extra long watch band that wraps around the wrist. They come in an assortment of other candy colors!


3. Delicate Knitted Sculptures.  This knitted bridge is amazing!  I have been holding onto the images waiting for the right time to post them.  I can get so much inspiration from just this one piece.  I love how tiny it is yet the shadow it casts with the lighting is so much larger and it still holds all the details of each strand of yarn.  It reminds me a lot of my friend Alissa Sorenson's work.



4. Needle felted Creatures.  I love how there is a influx of needle felted creatures that are not necessarily cute but they are fun to look at.  I can't figure if the person intended the one above to look like a hopeful sperm in a tube or just a specimen.  The attack of the lambs on the wolf below is one of my favorites.




5. Artistic Homages to Animations.  This is a ceramic Raku fired Howl's Moving Castle. Howl's Moving Castle is one of my favorite all time Anime movies.  The detail in this piece is amazing and you can see her whole progress right here.

No comments:

Post a Comment