Thursday, March 08, 2012

TiLT - Random Smiles

There is no rhyme or reason to this week's TiLT just things that make me feel good and smile.

1. Old Hotel Chandeliers - they just don't make them like they used to.  Gorgeous twinkling crystal chandeliers in the hotel lobby is a like a step back in time.  You just don't see such class in the new hotels these days.


2. Random Animals - This little one was found randomly.  I think a friend sent it to me.  I love animals and so anything cute always brightens my day.  This little guy just looks like he is chuckling away.  It reminds of what a scene in the Brian Jacques, Mossflower books might look like if he was at a table with a meadow cream pie in his paws.


3. Small Dinner Parties - Now that we have seating for our dining table we are finally able to have friends over for intimate dinner parties.  We had our first one on Valentine's day.  The meal was all from scratch of Beef Wellington, asparagus, mashed potatoes, cocktail shrimp and a box of chocolates.


4. Going to see the Symphony - One of my favorite things is being able to see a Symphony play.  I used to play violin avidly as a kid and younger adult and I miss it.  Watching a Symphony is such a treat to me. I like to pick out and watch the different performers playing and marvel at how difficult that stanza was.


5. Kitty love - Nothing is better then when your cat shows you love.  Cats really make you work for their affection.  I feel like there is a more true bond when a cat chooses more so then dogs (and I have had both).  When my kitties come to me and show me affection I feel grateful that they trust and care about me enough to be vulnerable when I am around.

I hope you are having a fantastic Thursday and remembering the little things that make you smile everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment