Tuesday, March 06, 2012

Tobi - Clothes Review

I ordered from Tobi for the first time last week and was very happy when my package came in the mail.  I am currently obsessed with Mint and Copper for my spring colors, and they had mint all over the place.  One of the things I like the best that they do is everything new goes on sale for a week before they put it at their normal prices.  It's not expensive or doesn't seem that way since it's on sale.  

 It came the same way most clothes does, in a plastic mailer bag pretty plain

 Each piece was individually wrapped probably the stayed this from from the manufacturer to the warehouse and right to me.  It makes me nostalgic of working in the stock room of a retail store how we unpacked all the clothing from their little baggies and then later shove them back in if there was a shipping order to fill.

 I got this comfy mint hoodie/sweatshirt that has 3/4 sleeves
Nothing much to say on this except the fabric is thin enough to show if you were wearing a black bra and everything was cover stitched or serge sewn together.  The draw strings are a really nice cotton when I expected them to be an icky nylon so that was a good surprise.

Long mint pleated skirt 
The fabric on this was better then I had expected for the outer shell.  The inner lining was super cheap and serge finished instead of a rolled hem or top stitch. Also you can tell it wasn't just factory but MASS produced because one of the side seams was really wonky where the pleats didn't match up and the seam is sewn diagonally through some of the pleats so it has that weird twist.  I'm hoping that will settle out after hanging it for a while and the first time I wash it.  There were also some loose threads that just made it look messy around the waistband which I had to promptly snip.

Polka Dot sleeveless Blouse
I was very surprised that this fabric was also much nicer then expected.  It has had proper facing in the button holes and collar of the blouse.  I expected the armholes to a nightmare of finishing but it was clean and so was the bottom of the fabric.  The fit was just what I wanted also.

All in all I'm very happy with my purchases and I will definitely continue to browse and shop their online store with confidence in what I will be getting.  Their price points aren't bad and the shipping was pretty standard in time. You just have to keep in mind if it looks slightly weird or makes the model look fat it will look completely weird or fattening on you also.

9 comments:

  1. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE! I ordered a dress which took more than 48hours to process, I then called multiple times and never got an answer until the 7th call. After getting my dress shipped, I received it in the mall but the wrong size was giving to me then what I ordered which it states on the receipt. I have emailed customer service twice and have been calling non-stop for two days straight!! And I have not talked to anyone, just a voice recording saying Tobi lines are busy and to email them!!THIS HAS TO BE THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER WITH CUSTOMER SERVICE! I am warning you do not order from this website, go look for yourself and google Tobi reviews, they do not have one nice review! Besides the fact that they clothes are nice but cheaply made! Thank you Tobi for ruining my birthday party because I do not have a dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man I am sorry to hear that. I've only had decent service with them but have never had to return anything. Hopefully they will see this and make better efforts. I appreciate the honesty.

      Delete
  2. Have you ever tried their backless bra or their keep it a secret bralette by ant chance I want to order from there, but not sure if all the products are good or not. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't. But I would say their quality is about the same as H&M with sizing more like F21

      Delete
  3. Have you ever tried their backless bra or their keep it a secret bralette by ant chance I want to order from there, but not sure if all the products are good or not. thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have not. But If I were going for a backless bra I would use a lingerie company to ensure that It was the right fit and good quality. For things like Bras I want to make sure I have the best of the best to support my ladies

      Delete
  4. i read their sizes run large, so im not sure if i should order as an international customer as returning would be super expensive. Does it depend on your body shape and the material ?
    Im 5'3, small busted 31-32B, waist 28, which sizes should i go for ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never had the problem with sizing from them. I am 4'10" 112lbs with a 34B bust can't remember waist. but I fit in Medium sizing ok. I would say if you are really concerned but like something I would contact them directly.

      Delete