Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Fresh Green

This was the outfit I wore Sunday when we did the Meet & Greet and Orientation for this year's College Preview.  I had a freshly dyed head of blue/green and a Dress I re-purposed from a skirt that I wasn't really wearing much anymore.  It was a simple project where I just let out the seams enough for  Armholes and threaded in a strap to gather and front and back of the dress.

Dress DIY by me from a silk skirt
Green belt from BEBE
Oversized round Sunglasses from random store at Polaris mall
BCBGeneration Gold Platforms



I had my First class Monday and it was great.  I have a small class for the first time ever and I am really relieved by that.  Sometimes College Preview can get overwhelming to teach and I feel like some kids slip between the cracks since there are so many I have to pay attention to.  I feel with less students I can do a lot more and give each one more attention.  We can get into the nitty gritty a bit more and I know I'll get their names by the 3rd class at least!  Teaching College Preview is my favorite class I do every year.  This is my 3rd year doing it and I feel I have it down to a science.  My TA looked at our syllabus and said "geez this is more then I had to do my freshman year of College"  I said good I want them to know the realities and make a bit harder so they are prepared for when they do go to College.  This is also the first time I have a class of all girls and funny enough my TA happens to be a gentleman.  I hope none of them fall in love with his handsome self or that could get distracting!  Seriously I have been very fortunate with dedicated and eager TA's.  They know that they aren't just there to do my bidding but also to learn from me

No comments:

Post a Comment