Tuesday, July 19, 2011

I'm Narcissistic

Sorry guys but it's just another OTD of me.  I've been doing tons of sewing yet again failing to take pictures of the process.  Last night I finished sewing and lining the entire bodice of the Singer's green 50's inspired dress for the reception.  Tonight after Harry Potter with some friends I plan to map out what fabric I will be dying for the reception dress and finalizing my fabrics for lining my reception dress and my nieces flower girl dress.  Trying to keep these layered dresses light and simple is no easy task especially in white.  You almost have to put two layers of lining or settle for something a little heavier.  I've also taught myself how to do shuttle tatting.  It was a painful learning experience in that I would think I have something accomplished only to find my 3 hours of work had to be torn out because I did one thing wrong back at the beginning and it is easily noticeable.  I'll show you pictures and tell you more about that tomorrow.  That's a promise......

 Pinstripe Cropped Sleeve Jacket from Express
Baby Blue Tank top from Gap Body
Zac Posen Skirt from Target
Gold Wedge Sandals BCBGeneration from Filene's Basement
Baby Blue Swatch Watch
Gold Fang Necklace from Rowe Boutique
OPI Nail Polish in "Mad as a Hatter"


No comments:

Post a Comment