Monday, July 25, 2011

Mad Seamstress Weekend Re-cap

This past weekend was wicked busy.  I did so many things for the wedding it felt good but it was a little crazy as well.  My flower girl dress is done except for some closure buttons, My wedding dress Embroidery is on it's last stages, finished the black stretch vinyl jacket for my friend, a Client fitting and my my niece's flower girl dress fitting and dying the fabric for my Reception dress.

Amongst that was a field trip with my College Preview Students to Joann Fabrics for their finals.  Watching Monty Python and the Holy Grail with some friends while making wedding decorations and random Army men Pins.  I also attempted to use these little Fruit appliques to my nail that I think were thing sliced Fimo.

Now for a stream of photos to show you what I did.
 Dye Baths,  I prefer to do the stove top kettle method of Dying


 I had to borrow my friend Sheila's Designer SE because unfortunately as much as I love my Brother Innovis 900D I needed to embroider much larger then a 4x4" section.



 My silly nail Embellishments

Finished Jacket!


 On the Short Bus with the Kidlings from College Preview Fashion Fundamentals.

 My Clever TA and Former College Preview Student Graham


 Finished Embroidery for my Niece after her fitting and the straps for her dress.


Finished Dress!


Lastly my final products from the Dye baths for my Reception dress.  Jewel Tone rainbow
As you can see it was indeed a busy weekend but productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment