Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring is coming

 I was really displeased with the face I was making in this photo so I just cut it out, beauty of photoshop eh? Anyways it has finally warmed up enough in the Midwest to bring out those lovely open toe shoes I've been missing all winter.  I went a little weird today with the odd colored leggings but they are really the most comfortable from Alternative Apparel and for only $12.99 how could you say no?  At least there is some blue in my bracelet making it not a total color fail.  With spring comes cleaning out the closet.  Luckily my friend Steph owner of The Gangway is having a little flea market clothing swap event coming up!  The info for that event is on facebook.

Oversized silky blouse - Anarchy Street
White Tank - Mossimo atTarget
Brown Shorts - Banana Republic
Turquoise Leggings - Alternative Apparel
Brown Gladiator heels - Zigi Shoho
Junk Bracelet - DIY made by me
 So this bracelet came about because I was really digging the jewelry I had seen before the Holidays at my friend Suzi's Store Collier West. She just has this fantastic store if you have never been in there. It feels like wandering into a classy French Market of Antiques and baubles.  I affectionately call this kind of thing a junk bracelet because I just add a bunch of random whatever I have to it.  This is using vintage heavy brass chain, little brass bullets, vintage Japanese glass beads, Swarovski crystal, and sterling silver unicorn charm.  I seriously think it took me longer to decide on the combination then it did to construct together.  I put it together while watching an Episode of Ugly Betty one Saturday so less then an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment