Thursday, March 03, 2011

TiLT

Another week another Thursday and yet another episode of Things I Love.  I am very happy to be a part of this collection of bloggers who participates in it.  It makes me be thoughtful and thankful for the things around me and that I get to witness.  Can you imagine being completely disconnected from the other people world wide if the internet were cut out?  I feel old but I remember when Snail mail was the main course for long distance communication before Chat, AIM, Facebook, Twitter, etc. People may think we haven't made huge leaps into flying cars, hoverboards or time machines but I beg to differ.  As a cultural society we have made leaps and bounds in communication, cultural exploration, revival of past trends and taking care of our health for that matter!

Now onto the TiLT!
1. First up we have Ugly Betty.  I just started to watch this series perhaps in the last week or two.  I'm not sure why I avoided it besides my resistance to watching popular things when they are popular.  I mean for crissake's I didn't watch any Buffy the Vampire Slayer till last year.  Anyways I am such a sucker for anything related around a fashion house or magazine.  This includes Sweet Home Alabama, Devil Wears Prada, The Last Emperor Valentino, Confessions of a Shopaholic, etc etc. Betty just hits the spot for me comically as well as visually.  She keeps me company as I work on hand embroidery and sketching.



2. Helena Bonham Carter.  She is one of my dream to dress Celebrities.  I just love her and the passion she has for her craft makes her that much better.  She is completely fearless to be herself no matter how quirky or strange the public eye views her. 



3. Fostering a kitty. It's been a wonderful experience and it's not much fostering when you decide you are just going to adopt the darn fluff ball.  Fostering is a great opportunity for both you and the shelter.  It gives an animal a temporary sanctuary to heal and recover from surgery, shyness, abuse and perhaps a cold going around the shelter.  For us it was also a good way to temporarily test if our other kitties would get along with having a new comer without any hurt feelings between us and the shelter.  We got our Darling Miss Rambo Fluffington the 1st from Cat Welfare.



4. French Knots. They are just an excellent and satisfying hand embroidery technique that I have been practicing all week. I think they make the perfect little clouds to my rainbows.  You can see a great tutorial here that I learned from Jenny Hart at Sublime Stitching.



5. Jenine Bressner. She is an excellent fiber and Glass Artist I have been crushing on.  Her installations are the things I dreamed about doing when I was in College and sculpture. Check out her Flickr and her Blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment