Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Resolutions and Nonsense

I don't make all that many or try to do anything super exciting.
My only resolutions this year are:

1. To spend more time with my parent's, especially with my Dad since his health isn't so good
2. Take better care of my skin, not just my face but ALL my skin.  Let's face it I'm not getting any younger and it is my biggest organ.
3. Buy less crap. seriously. I have a bad habit of collecting things and this is not the year to do that or continue that.


So Far I have been pretty good about it.  Andy and I went to Las Vegas Recently and I barely bought a thing.  I got one tiny Hello Kitty Las Vegas Charm and a Lion from MGM Grand.  Otherwise I got souvenirs for my Niece and Nephew in the form of Fuzzy Dice.

For the skin I am trying to get back into the habit of using a face mask 1-2 times a week and washing my face every night before bed with moisturizer.  In the mornings I am either using a moisturizing body oil spray or slathering on some lotion.


For #1 I think I am doing a pretty good job seeing my parent's more.  It helps a ton that they moved back down closer to me and my brother's family.  I try to encourage my Dad to have lunch with me every week and do errands with my mom if we are in the same area.

My dad is sort of Hilarious.  I wish someone would make a comic strip about him because he really does say the darndest things.

This is him at Christmas, my middle brother Dave got him this hat for Christmas and it was pretty priceless.
His comments about the hat were:
"I look like a God Damn Communist"
"God Damn if I go out people will think I am North Korean"

My Dad kind of likes to say "God Damn" a lot

No comments:

Post a Comment