Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Sew from the Heart

I LOVE Valentine's day.  It's really strange phenomenon that as I get older I get more into the cheesy hearts and pink decorations.  I remember when I was younger I couldn't care less about all that.  Mostly it was just the one Holiday that my mom, me and my oldest brother would celebrate together (yes we intentionally left our my dad and my other brother because they weren't really the sentimental feeling types).

Anyways the V-day coming up and my friend SKBG's "Sweet Nothings" show at The Gangway it just makes me want to craft even more!

The first thing I've been working on is little knitted hearts for a mobile I am putting in the show.  I need to re-organize them some and make a ton more though!



Then Last night I started to make these adorable Felt Hearts almost like a Quilling from this Tutorial


A photo of the process so you can see it's not that super magical but looks so pretty when arrange properly.  Giving me some ideas for some possible snowflake looking trivets for next winter out of felt.

Lastly I really want to make some cute coasters based off of this other Tutorial also using felt that I saw.

No comments:

Post a Comment