Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Just a little melancholy


For no good reason at all I miss Korea like crazy these days. I am still in touch with most of my friends that I made there during Yonsei-dae but that isn't what I miss. I miss the boutiques, the subways, their versions of malls, the midnight markets, the bad smells, the bargaining. I miss it all. I only have one person in Korea to actually visit which is my room mate from college but still I want to go so badly. I feel like I am missing something. It's so hard when I remember in High School I went so often to visit my Brother. Perhaps it is this High School program that I am teaching that is making me so nostalgic about everything. I definitely want to go with Hyemi sometime before I have a kid so that we can just enjoy it over there and have some fun before we become total Ajumahs. It's hard to also not have anyone to try and speak Korean with regularly. I guess somewhere I am still have some growing pains about being Korean- American. I feel that I need to get back in touch before I have kids of my own. I don't want my kids to be confused with who they are and aren't. It's such a weird thing to think about becoming the world to someone else, being all they look up to for everything. Not sure if I am totally ready for that commitment. Things will happen and I suppose when that time comes I will just have to step up to it and own it.

Enough of the deep thoughts.........
I'm farking tired out of my mind. Classes started today and my kids are WONDERFUL. I have a big challenge in front of me teaching them and setting the bar for this program elective in Fashion. I am doing new things no one has ever done before and I want to set that bar HIGH! They are more focused then my workshop was and some of them are already far better illustration drawers then I am! I will have some pics of them tomorrow.

Speaking of Tomorrow and why I am so tired I have a sudden Photo Shoot in Cincinnati with Adam Leigh-Manuel from Alias Photography. I know him through Model Mayhem and we've been going back and forth for a bit. Finally we will meet and get to work together. He is very good at correspondence so I have a great feeling about this.

I just need to go and lie down and pass out. I still have so much work to do in the morning.........

No comments:

Post a Comment